EFFECTIVE AS OF: April 6, 2020
DC BLOX is closely monitoring the COVID-19 public health emergency that has affected thousands of people across the world. We want to assure our community that it is our top priority to do all that we can to maintain the health and safety of our customers, partners and employees and to ensure continued operations of our businesses. We take seriously the trust you have put in us to manage our mission-critical facilities.
In response to COVID-19, DC BLOX has developed and begun execution of a Pandemic Response Plan. The plan provides the framework for employee and facility preparedness and disease prevention and, in conjunction with our Business Continuity Plan, is intended to ensure continued business operations during and beyond the COVID-19 pandemic. The plan is based upon CDC (Center for Disease Control) information and guidelines and is designed to escalate DC BLOX’s activities in response to an increase in cases local to our facilities.
Updates on DC BLOX actions and recommendations will be sent to customer email addresses on record as well as being posted on the DC BLOX website on this COVID-19 Update page.
Based upon current conditions, DC BLOX is executing the following policies:
Enhanced coronavirus policies previously in place:
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitizing schedule
- DC BLOX employees not essential to data center operations working from home
- Data center operations employees on staggered schedule
- DC BLOX-organized events are postponed until further notice
- Employees are advised to avoid attending larger forum meetings and events
- Employees are cancelling or rescheduling non-essential business travel
- Facility vendor contingency plans are in place
Effective immediately, the following additional policies will be enforced:
- All data center tours are cancelled until further notice
- It is recommended that customers / vendors avoid visiting the data center where possible; If visits are necessary, you must call 877.590.1684, option 2, to schedule
- Remote hands and eyes services are recommended where possible (7AM-4PM local time Mon-Fri only); DC BLOX fees will be waived for such services until further notice; Call 877.590.1684, option 2, or login to the DC BLOX Service Portal to request services
- Enhanced safety procedures for any necessary customer visits have been established which will be communicated upon arrival
- It is recommended that scheduled customer / vendor installations be delayed; please contact your DC BLOX onboarding representative to discuss or call 877.590.1684, option 2
- The cafeteria areas will be closed until further notice
DC BLOX understands the inconvenience this may cause to your business and we appreciate your patience and cooperation in ensuring the reliable operation of our facilities during this unprecedented situation. For any concerns or questions, please don’t hesitate to call us at 877.590.1684, press “0” and ask for COVID19 support, or send an email to COVID19@dcblox.com.
DC BLOX CEO