Position Title: Data Center Facilities Manager – Atlanta, GA
Location: Atlanta, GA
DC BLOX, a Southeast regional provider of data center, network, and cloud solutions, delivers services out of its data centers located in Georgia, Tennessee and Alabama. DC BLOX owns, operates, and maintains next-generation modular data centers connected via private, diverse fiber optic networks. We seek a Data Center Facilities Manager to join the team to manage electrical and mechanical systems in our DC BLOX data center located in North East Atlanta, GA (Druid Hills area).
This position will be responsible for managing the electrical and mechanical systems for a growing, multi-tenant data center. As the Data Center Facilities Manager, you will be responsible for day to day requirements, regular preventative maintenance, vendor management and all aspects of the on-site critical systems. You will be responsible for reporting, PUE management, and assuring all safety and industry standards are followed. This position also holds accountability for other systems pertaining to the multi-tenant building the data center resides in.
This person will regularly interact with customers to assure the highest customer service for new installations, moves, adds, and changes. This position will work closely with the Data Center Site Manager to implement existing DC BLOX operating procedures for the data center and working with operations teams to define, refine, and streamline processes as needed.
The ideal candidate will bring a combination of hands-on management, knowledge, and experience gained working in other data centers and critical facilities. He or she should be proficient with critical electrical and mechanical practices in a 24×7 data center environment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate and manage critical electrical systems including utility power, generators, UPS systems, switchgear, PDU systems, and power busways
- Operate and manage critical mechanical systems including computer room air conditioners, chillers, cooling towers, fire detection/suppression, etc.
- Oversite of vendors to ensure that all work is performed according to best practice and established DC BLOX procedures
- Establish and oversee preventative maintenance MOPs, schedules, vendor relationships, etc.
- Work the Data Center Site Manager to facilitate customer tours, installs, etc. to assure the highest customer satisfaction
- Work within established DC BLOX policies including change control and other best practices
- Maintain a constant state of readiness for electrical and mechanical systems
- Experience with critical electrical systems in a data center environment including:
- UPS systems
- Generator systems
- Electrical switch gear
- Power distribution
- Experience with critical mechanical and HVAC systems in a data center environment
- CRAH units
- Chiller water systems
- Experience with fire suppression systems
- Experience with monitoring of critical electrical and mechanical systems
- CT management and replacements
- Experience writing processes, MOP, SOP and RCA documentation
- Experience with preventative maintenance for electrical and mechanical systems
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Excellent customer service skills including being comfortable working directly with customers
- Demonstrated understanding of and ability to interact directly with electrical systems
- Certified Electrician
- 5 to 10 years of experience across all skill sets
- Certified Industrial HVAC technician
- Chilled Water HVAC experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- IT experience – Microsoft windows operating system
- Network experience – basic understanding of Networking infrastructure
- Must be self-motivated, professional and positive in approach
- Must promote the Company culture and mission to employees, vendors, clients and business partners
- Strong aptitude for independent working environment
- Must be able to act as the Company liaison in interfacing with customers