DC BLOX, a Southeast regional provider of data center, network, and cloud solutions, delivers services out of its Huntsville, Birmingham, Atlanta and Chattanooga data centers. DC BLOX owns, operates, and maintains next-generation modular data centers connected via private, diverse fiber optic networks. We seek a Site Data Center Manager to join the team to manage personnel, processes, and initiatives in the DC BLOX data center located in Huntsville, AL. (Hiring in June 2021)
This position will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the data center and coordinate the activities of the data center team to deliver outstanding service to our customers in compliance with SLA requirements. As the site manager of the center, this individual will oversee all customer activity to include new installations, moves, adds and changes. This role will be responsible for implementing existing DC BLOX operating procedures for the data center and working with Operations Teams to define, refine, and streamline processes as needed.
This individual will supervise and provide leadership and support to the Data Center Facility Manager, Technician(s) and contract Security Personnel in the Data Center. These oversight responsibilities include ensuring that maintenance, security, capital improvement projects, PUE management, client designs and installs, and interfacing with suppliers and power utility providers are all attended to and performed with the highest industry benchmarked standards. This role will also oversee required safety protocols, ensure method of procedure (MOP) documentation is completed for all activities and help enforce ITIL related processes.
The ideal candidate will bring a combination of hands-on management, knowledge, and experience gained working in other data centers, and should be proficient with data center practices. A significant plus would be familiarity or experience with certification processes and standards such as SSAE 18 / SOC 2, NIST 800-171 / 53.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- All customer activity commences in an orderly, safe and secure manner with a focus on delivering superb customer support
- Ensure processes are adhered to in identifying and verifying service impacting events, and subject matter experts are dispatched in support of problem resolution
- Communicate with internal teams in support of status updates regarding open issues, and implement actions in support of root cause analysis, problem remediation and lessons learned
- Provide smart-hands assistance to customers as required
- Ensure safe and secure operating environments within the DC BLOX data centers, and correct or report any violations as prescribed in operating practices
- Ensure detailed documentation relative to ticketing and service support calls is being maintained
- Ensure efficient equipment/material receiving, shipping, asset management, and RMA processing is supported in the data center
- Responsible for the monitoring of performance measures and processes required for audit and operational compliance related to standard data center practice
- Responsible for coordinating and maintaining data center compliance with all certification requirements
- Support adherence to standard and emergency operating procedures for the data center
- Provide status reporting regarding data center service availability, performance, capacity utilization as required
- Manage vendors and partners responsible for maintenance and upkeep of data center equipment
- Ensure daily error log reporting and physical data center inspections for general health, power, cooling, hazards, etc.
- Coordinate equipment installation and delivery schedules in accordance with set project plans
- Directly participate and provide key input for all data center construction and expansion planning
- Experience as Data Center team lead or manager, including:
- Experience with personnel and shift coordination and management
- Experience with daily reporting and incident escalation handling
- Data center operations experience
- Experience writing processes, MOP, SOP and RCA documentation
- Experienced and proficient with troubleshooting techniques and problem-solving in a 24x7x365 production environment
- Proficient in cabling and labeling equipment to provide customer cross connects
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Working knowledge of monitoring technologies and methodologies (EPMS, BMS, SCADA, DCIM)
- Minimum 5 Years of Experience working with data center facility equipment including chillers, pumps, UPS, PDU, Generator, Security Camera, Security badging systems
- Minimum 5 Years of Experience working in data center environments including managing cross connects, fiber connectivity, performance monitoring and alerting, carrier support, meet me room management, and structured cabling in Data Center environments
- Minimum 3 Years of Experience as a people manager
- 10 years of experience across all skillsets
- Excellent communication and customer relationship skills
- Experience with implementing and maintaining SOC 2, and other related certification programs
- Experience with regulatory compliance (e.g. HIPAA, FINRA, FFIEC, FDIC, etc.)
- Must be self-motivated, professional and positive in approach
- Must promote the Company culture and mission to employees, vendors, clients and business partners
- Strong aptitude for independent working environment
- Must be able to act as the Company liaison in interfacing with customers
For immediate consideration, please forward all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (877) 590-1684.