At DC BLOX, we’re turning the traditional data center on its head and we’re looking for innovators to help us build the future. We’re a company that believes in our employees and treats customers well.
If you’d like to work in an environment that values innovation, dedication and teamwork, check out our job openings and submit your resume to email@example.com.
Current Job Openings
DC BLOX, a fast-growing regional data center provider of colocation, connectivity, and dark fiber solutions across the Southeastern US, delivers services out of its data centers in Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama, and South Carolina. DC BLOX focuses on building data centers in underserved areas of the region to serve local enterprises, governments, educational institutions as well as hyperscalers, communications providers, and SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) companies.
With the rapid pace of digital infrastructure investment in the Southeast and the growing need for that infrastructure from global enterprise, communications provider, and hyperscaler companies, DC BLOX offers an exciting working environment with career growth for its employees. DC BLOX’s promise to its communities and customers is to serve locally and connect globally, and our desire to serve is built into the DNA of our company culture.
Job Title: Connectivity Product Manager
Reports to: Bill Thomson, VP of Marketing and Product Management
Direct Reports: N/A
DC BLOX has built a high-capacity optical network across the Southeast connecting its data centers and a communications ecosystem enabling connectivity to key carriers, Internet Exchanges, and public cloud providers. In addition, the company is building dark fiber routes across the region to serve hyperscalers, communications providers, and enterprise customers. DC BLOX is seeking a Connectivity Product Manager to lead the definition and development of new network services, and to develop and execute enhancements for existing services to meet growing market needs.
The Connectivity Product Manager will also have business accountability for DC BLOX’s network service offerings by setting pricing, helping to drive revenue, and managing product P&L. DC BLOX connectivity services include dedicated Internet, Ethernet private lines, cloud ramps, dark fiber, and custom network solutions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Drive the definition and requirements of new services and of existing service feature enhancements, leveraging market intelligence, customer feedback, and company expert input
- Lead cross-functional teams to execute on product initiatives and maintain alignment with key stakeholders
- Create and maintain the service roadmap for continuous enhancement of connectivity services
- Working with finance, establish and maintain a structure for managing P&L across the various network services products
- Develop business cases for proposed lit services over DC BLOX dark fiber routes
- Develop pricing for new services and adjust pricing for existing products based upon competitive market trends and P&L goals
- Continually gather and analyze market intelligence of the network services market through direct customer/prospect feedback, secondary market research, and market trends
- Support the development of product marketing collateral (with marketing) and the delivery product sales training
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or technically-related field
- 5 or more years of product management experience, with at least 4 years related to network services
- Working knowledge of the architecture, technologies, applications and use cases for common network services including dedicated Internet, ethernet/IP services, cloud provider connectivity, etc.
- Experience with dark fiber network business planning, pricing, and related technologies
- Familiarity with cloud services and the network options for connecting to them
- Solid project management skills to coordinate work across the cross-functional teams necessary for execution
- Strong business acumen with the ability to identify market opportunities and assess the company’s ability to deliver profitable services that offer a positive customer experience
- Experience as a network engineer or network sales engineer for a telecom carrier is a plus
- Must be self-motivated, professional, and positive in approach
- Must promote the company culture and mission to employees, vendors, clients and business partners
- Strong aptitude for independent working and initiative
- Must be able to act as the company liaison in interfacing with prospects and customers
There will be no direct reports initially for this position.
Why Consider This Opportunity With DC BLOX
Impact – Put your fingerprint on a formidable growth chapter of an established yet emerging company poised for continued growth and scale.
Leadership – DC BLOX’s executive teams’ precedent success and credentials growing successful businesses together rival anyone’s in the industry. The confidence in the success this organization can provide to existing and prospective customers is a rare find.
Focus – DC BLOX’s success is a result of an intense commitment to empower digital commerce, connect, and collaborate all organizations in the Southeast. They are well-positioned to capitalize on this expansion and deliver state-of-the-art data centers and network to growing metro markets.
Financial Strength – DC BLOX has secured funding by Post Road Group & Bain Capital, to refinance existing credit facilities, add liquidity to the balance sheet, and fund additional capacity in existing and new data centers.
Culture – DC BLOX’s culture embodies the dynamics of a start-up, with opportunities for every single person to define their contribution to progress of the organization. This requires creative, confident, forward-thinking professionals who solve problems rather than wait for answers.
Compensation package for the Product Manager is comprised of a competitive base salary, annual performance bonus, and long-term incentive compensation in the form of equity participation. A comprehensive benefits program to include medical, dental, optical, and pharmaceutical, and 401K participation is also included.
NOTE TO ALL AGENCIES: Any unsolicited agency resumes or agency represented candidates that are presented to any DC BLOX employee without first having a signed contract between that agency and the DC BLOX organization will become the property of DC BLOX and no fees will be paid.
For immediate consideration, please forward all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (877) 590-1684.
DC BLOX serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to publicly-traded corporations.
DC BLOX Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.